Thursday, January 16, 2014

Paranoia (2013) review

Paranoia (2013)

I decided to get this DVD after watching a preview of it from another DVD. It looked like a action, drama type of movie. I thought maybe it would be something along the lines of Abduction (2013) (which did get a similar rating on the Tomatometer from Rotten Tomatoes!).

Actors:
Liam Hemsworth as Adam Cassidy, Gary Oldman as Nicholas Wyatt, Harrison Ford as Jock Goddard, Amber Heard as Emma Jennings, Lucas Till as Kevin, Embeth Davidtz as Dr. Judith Bolton, and many more
Director:  Robert Luketic
Writers: Jason Dean Hall and Barry L. Levy for screenplay; Joseph Finder for novel
Genre: Drama & Thriller
Movie Release Date: August 16, 2013
DVD Release Date: November 19, 2013

After being fired, Adam Cassidy is blackmailed into become a corporate spy for his old boss. He doesn’t realize what he has really gotten himself into until an FBI agent shows up at his home and tells him that many others have done a similar thing, but all have found themselves dead. The trouble is that this storyline is rather slow and dry. It is far too relaxed paced for a thriller.

The whole thing felt like too much drama and not enough action bits. There wasn’t anything really interesting till like an hour into the movie, and I was super excited…till the action bits stopped after about ten minutes. The chemistry between the two love interest characters didn’t feel real; the two looked like they were uncomfortable with each other.

Overall, I wasn’t impressed with this movie at all. I think I spent more of my time watching this movie on my phone then actually watching the movie. I’m not pissed that I watched this movie, but I would have been okay not having seen it. At the end of the day, I only managed to sit through the whole movie because I could just stare at Liam the whole time. This movie could have definitely benefited for some Jason Borne type stuff added to it. So don’t see it unless you want to just watch Liam for an hour and a half or so, because that is essentially what you will be doing.

Hope you have a paramount day!

No comments:

Post a Comment