Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues review



Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues 

I truly wasn't expecting all that much from this movie in the sense that I thought it would be just as good as the first. I had heard that most of the cast wanted to make this film happen, and I had faith that these people wouldn't want to come together again to make a crappy movie. The trailers don't really give the best sense of the storyline though.

Actors: Kristen Wiig as Chani, Jim Carrey, Paul Rudd as Brian Fantana, Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy, Liam Neeson, Steve Carell as Brick Tamland, Kristen Dunst, Harrison Ford as Mack Harken, Christina Applegate as Veronica Corningstone, Vince Vaughn as Wes Mantooth, James Marsden as Jack Lime, Meagan Good as Linda Jackson, Sacha Baron Cohen, Tina Fey, and Amy Poehler
Directors: Adam McKay
Writers: Will Ferrell & Adam McKay
Genre: Comedy
Movie Release Date: December 18, 2013
DVD Release Date: estimated April 2014

The storyline picks up after the first one with Ron and Veronica. It then continues with Ron getting his team together to head of the New York City for the state's first 24-hour news program. The trailers for the movie don't really show in great detail the diversity to the storyline which was surprisingly a little deeper than I thought that it would be. The movie does start rather slow, and there are a few other slow moments to the movie as well. It does poke a lot of fun at the news industry and how it has developed over the years.

The acting to the movie is just as hilarious as the first one. I love Brick Tamland and Chani (who is a new addition in the Anchorman world)! They are completely hilarious, so I have to commend Kristen Wiig and Steve Carell on their amazing work together. It is also worth noting that the guest appearances in this movie feel never ending. There was Will Smith and even weirder Kayne West. I couldn't help but think "what is going on here"!

Overall, I would suggest seeing this movie if and only if you enjoyed the first Anchorman. It follows the same randomness of the first movie, and the beginning did take some time to get back into the flow of things. The longer the movie went, the more that I was laughing. There are some sharks scenes that I was not a fan of (mostly because Sharks terrify me greatly!). I can say they made up for that with (what is by far my favorite scene) a battle royale! If you do want to see this movie, go with friends because it'll be so much better (but I would have been okay with waiting for it to come out on DVD and getting friends together to watch it then). If you saw the movie, let me know your favorite part or least favorite part.

If by chance, you want more Ron Burgundy there is a book! You can find it at either Barnes and Noble or Amazon. It is called Let Me Off at the Top!: My Classy Life & Other Musings.

Hope you have a poetic day!

These images are more can be found: here!

No comments:

Post a Comment