Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sleepy Hollow (2013) TV Series Review

Sleep Hollow (2013)
 On Fox Mondays at 9/8c

This TV show is directed by Len Wiseman and stars Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills and Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane. The series is an action/adventure, drama, and mystery/crime that premiered on September 16, 2013. The synopsis for this episode (from Direct TV itself) was: "Ichabod Crane finds himself 250 years in the future and realizes that evil accompanied him to modern-day Sleepy Hollow; Ichabod forms a bond with Detective Abbie Mills after the Headless Horseman murders the sheriff."

The acting and actors within the show are spot on I really enjoyed their performances. I also noticed that there was a great deal of effort put into making sure that Ichabod Crane spoken with proper terminology from his time. The settings were perfect for the series, and the camera angles were perfect. I would suggest watching the show after the sun has gone down so that it is easier to see all the scenes. It can get dark at times. The special effects were also well done. It didn't feel overly done and cheesy. It was just the right amount used which mostly centered around the horseman.

This series didn't originally catch my eye from the commercials, and that was because I never really read the sleepy hollow story when I was younger. I still don't really know much about the original story other than the fact that there is a headless horseman. From the bit I do know, I think that is a really good new take on an old classic. I love when old stories are taken and revamped to be more relevant and tell a familiar but different story.

Overall, I really loved the show! There was little quirky humor points that I loved. This show felt more like I was watching a movie than a TV show. I was definitely pulled into the story. It just has so many questions that you want to have answered and you just end up sucked in. The story is a marriage between sleepy hollow, witches, and the bible story of the four horsemen. It is a great merger of a murder mystery and sci-fi/fantasy. 

I highly suggest watching this series! I look forward to finding out more about this mystery and the things to come with this series. My favorite scene had to be when Crane is talking about working under the command of General Washington, and was then handed a one dollar bill that had Washington's face on it. 
Let me know what you thought about the show and your favorite scene if you have seen it, and also suggest any other shows that I should check out in the new future. Happy watching!

Source: Sleep Hollow

No comments:

Post a Comment