Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Croods (2013) Movie Review

The Croods(2013) is directed by Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders who also act as writers along with John Cleese.

The cast was Nicolas Cage as Grug, Emma Stone as Eep, Ryan Reynolds as Guy, Catherine Keener as Ugga, Cloris Leachman as Gran, Clark Duke as Thunk, Chris Sanders as Belt, and Randy Thorn as Sandy.

Seeing previews for this movie didn't really make me want to see it all that much, but it was at the local dollar theater so I saw it. The beginning of the movie is rather slow on the pick up. Truly the last 30 minutes or so is the best part of the movie; I completely loved it! (The last part).

Oddly, I was surprised from the voice actors. Truly, I thought that I wasn't going to love Ryan Reynolds as much as I did and I thought I was going to hate Nicolas Cage. Ryan Reynolds has an amazing voice and I just loved, loved, loved it! I have always found Nicolas Cage to be somewhat monotoned when acting, but his voice acting had so much more depth and range than his other acting.

My favorite character was actually the saber tooth tiger that you see in the picture above. There was just something about his proportions and looks that drew me to him. The other character's were okay, but I just never felt fully attached to them. Belt has a few good moments throughout the whole movie though.

The scenery for the movie was beautiful. It was well thought out which I really appreciated. There was actually a moment that I felt like I was looking at Oz because it was just so foreign and fantasy looking.

Overall, it is not my most favorite animated film but I did enjoy it more so than I thought that I would. I might buy it on DVD if it is marked down but I probably won't get it. It's a good one time seeing; I just won't watch it multiple times so I don't want the DVD. I'd give the movie like a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment