Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Deception (2013) TV Show Review.



Deception (2013) TV Review

I have finally sat down to watch the season finally of the TV show Deception. Originally, I started watching the show thinking that it would be another cop drama…man was I ever wrong.
I was over whelmed by the number of players in the movie at first, but after about episode three I had them all down. There are the characters of the family, the FBI, and random other people mixed in, and some of them are dead. It is a tangled web/mess of relationships that takes a bit to master.
All I wanted to do with this show was to figure out the killer before the show revealed it. For some reason, it has become an odd obsession of mine. I love being able to find plot twists before they happen. This show did not allow for that to happen. I literally guessed the killer like two minutes before it was revealed; I call that a fail on my behalf.
 
It also took me a long time to decide who I wanted the character Joann to date. There was so much drama that was going on throughout the series and nonstop twists and turns. I was definitely hooked by episode three. The best way I can describe the entire series is much like a undercover cop show mixed with Gossip Girl.
If you like shows that have drama and plot twists, I would definitely say this is a show for you. While the focus show is to find Vivian’s killer, there are plenty of other moments that make you wonder. The season was so crammed full of moments that I am uncertain how they are going to carry this into another season. This fact is especially pertinent when you think take into consideration that the last episode tells who the killer is. While it is true there was no reasoning given behind the death, I just don’t see how you can spend an entire season catching the killer when you already know whom it is. Thoughts anyone?



 You can watch this series here: http://www.nbc.com/deception/episode-guide/
Netflix says it has the disc at the sight but not streaming: http://www.netflix.com

I in NO way, shape, or form own Deception; I’m simply sharing my thoughts on the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment